Colonnade of Burlington House, 1868

Colonnade of Burlington House, 1868

C008/4331 Rights Managed

Request low-res file

530 pixels on longest edge, unwatermarked

Request/Download high-res file

Uncompressed file size: 50.7MB

Downloadable file size: 3.7MB

Price image Pricing

Please login to use the price calculator


Credit: ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY/SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY

Caption: Colonnade of Burlington House, Piccadilly, London, England. This colonnade was taken down in 1868 when Burlington House was rebuilt. This Doric colonnade dates from around 1715, and was designed by the Scottish architect James Gibbs (1682-1754). From 1857, Burlington House has been occupied by learned societies, including the Royal Academy, the Geological Society of London, the Linnean Society of London, the Royal Astronomical Society, the Society of Antiquaries of London, and the Royal Society of Chemistry. This artwork forms part of 'Burlingtoniana', an 1878 collection of items relating to Burlington House.

Release details: Model release not required. Property release not required.

Keywords: 1700s, 1715, 1878, 18th century, architectural, architecture, artwork, astronomical, astronomy, black-and-white, britain, british, building, burlington house, burlingtoniana, colonnade, column, columns, cultural, culture, doric, england, english, europe, european, geological society of london, heritage, historical, history, history of science, illustration, james gibbs, learned societies, linnean society of london, london, monochrome, piccadilly, royal academy, royal astronomical society, royal society of chemistry, scottish, society of antiquaries of london, stone

Licence fees: A licence fee will be charged for any media (low or high resolution) used in your project.