Toxicologist during muscle electrochemistry tests

Toxicologist during muscle electrochemistry tests

G350/0368

Rights Managed

Caption

Toxicology research. Toxicologist using a microscope to study a muscle tissue sample during research. The tissue sample is seen pinned to a colourless plate (lower centre). The electro- chemical effects of organophosphate chemicals on the tissue are being investigated here, with the probe at lower right measuring the electrical changes as the chemical is applied. Organophosphates are frequently used in insecticides. Over-exposure can cause vomiting, diarrhoea and breathing difficulties. Prolonged exposure can lead to widespread neuromuscular damage. Photographed at Newcastle University, England.

Release details

Model release available. Property release not required.

 {{ i.shot_duration ? i.shot_duration + ' ' : '' }}{{ i.shot_uhd ? '4K ' : i.hires ? 'HD ' : '' }}{{ i.spl_number }} R{{ i.license }}

  • Add to board
  • Similar {{ mediaType(i) }}