Radiotherapy burn on eye

Radiotherapy burn on eye

M131/0712 Rights Managed

Request low-res file

530 pixels on longest edge, unwatermarked

Request/Download high-res file

Uncompressed file size: 71.7MB

Downloadable file size: 4.0MB

Price image Pricing

Please login to use the price calculator


Credit: DR P. MARAZZI/SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY

Caption: MODEL RELEASED. Radiotherapy burn on eye. 70-year-old man with erythema (redness) around his eye, caused by radiotherapy burns. The radiotherapy was to treat squamous cell carcinoma, cancer of the upper layer of skin cells. It accounts for about 20% of skin cancers, the other 80% being accounted for by basal cell carcinoma, cancer of a lower layer of skin cells. Despite being more rare than basal cell cancer, squamous cell cancer is more likely to spread (metastasise) to other areas of the body. It is mainly caused by long-term exposure to UV radiation from the sun. Treatment is usually by surgical excision of the cancer, chemotherapy and radiotherapy.

Release details: Model release available. Property release not required.

Keywords: 70, 70-year-old, 70s, adult, burn, cancer, caucasian, elderly, erythema, eye, eyesocket, face, healthcare, human, human body, inflamed, inflammation, male, malignancy, malignant, man, medical, medicine, old, patient, people, person, radiology burn, radiotherapy burn, redness, seventies, skin, socket, squamous cell carcinoma, swelling, swollen, white

Licence fees: A licence fee will be charged for any media (low or high resolution) used in your project.