Basal cell carcinoma

Basal cell carcinoma

M131/0713 Rights Managed

Request low-res file

530 pixels on longest edge, unwatermarked

Request/Download high-res file

Uncompressed file size: 71.7MB

Downloadable file size: 5.9MB

Price image Pricing

Please login to use the price calculator


Credit: DR P. MARAZZI/SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY

Caption: MODEL RELEASED. Basal cell carcinoma. 77-year-old man with basal cell carcinoma (skin cancer) on the nasolabial fold near his nose. Basal cell carcinoma, cancer of the lower layer of cells in the skin, accounts for about 80% of skin cancers, the other 20% being accounted for by squamous cell carcinoma, cancer of the upper layer of cells in the skin. Despite being more common than squamous cell cancer, basal cell cancer is much less likely to spread to other areas of the body. It usually appears on the face and is most likely caused by exposure to UV radiation from the sun. Treatment is usually by surgical excision of the cancer, cryotherapy, cauterisation and radiotherapy.

Release details: Model release available. Property release not required.

Keywords: 70s, 77, 77-year-old, abnormal, abnormality, adult, basal cell carcinoma, cancer, cancerous, caucasian, close-up, dark, dermal, dermatological, dermatology, detail, elderly, face, growth, healthcare, human, human body, male, malignancy, malignant, man, medical, medicine, mole, nasolabial fold, old, patient, people, person, seventies, skin, skin cancer, spot, upper lip, white

Licence fees: A licence fee will be charged for any media (low or high resolution) used in your project.