Finger pricked on barbed wire: cause of tetanus

Finger pricked on barbed wire: cause of tetanus

M330/0500 Rights Managed

Request low-res file

530 pixels on longest edge, unwatermarked

Request/Download high-res file

Uncompressed file size: 54.1MB

Downloadable file size: 3.4MB

Price image Pricing

Please login to use the price calculator


Credit: OSCAR BURRIEL/SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY

Caption: Barbed wire injury. Puncture wound on the finger caused by a prick from rusted barbed wire. Tetanus may result from a wound such as this, due to infection by spores of the bacterium Clostridium tetani. The spores live mainly in soil and manure, but are also found on dirty or rusting metal objects. If untreated, tetanus (lockjaw) may be fatal. Prevention of tetanus is by vaccination, and by booster immunization. If tetanus symptoms occur, antitoxin injections are necessary.

Release details: Model release not required. Property release not required.

Keywords: barbed wire, condition, disorder, finger, finger prick, healthcare, injury, medical, medicine, prick, tetanus, wound

Licence fees: A licence fee will be charged for any media (low or high resolution) used in your project.