Basal cell carcinoma surgery

Basal cell carcinoma surgery

M332/0176 Rights Managed

Request low-res file

530 pixels on longest edge, unwatermarked

Request/Download high-res file

Uncompressed file size: 34.9MB

Downloadable file size: 1.4MB

Price image Pricing

Please login to use the price calculator

This image is part of the sequence Healthcare: Healing after basal cell carcinoma (skin cancer) surgery on the face of a man



Caption: Basal cell carcinoma surgery. Image 2 of 3. Cancer excision wound on the nasolabial fold of a 72 year old man, 8 days after surgery. The tumour removed was a basal cell carcinoma (BCC), cancer of the lower layer of cells in the skin. BCC accounts for about 80 per cent of skin cancers, the other 20 per cent being accounted for by squamous cell carcinoma (SCC). Despite being more common, BCC is much less likely to spread to other areas of the body. It usually appears on the face and is most likely caused by exposure to UV radiation. As well as surgical excision of the cancer, treatment can involve cryotherapy, cauterisation and radiotherapy. For the different stages of this patient's healing process, see images M332/175 and M332/177.

Release details: Model release available. Property release not required.

Keywords: 70s, 72, adult, after surgery, basal cell carcinoma, bcc, cancer, cancerous, caucasian, condition, disease, disorder, elderly, excision, face, growth, healing process, healthcare, human, human body, male, malignancy, malignant, man, medical, medicine, nasolabial fold, old, oncology, patient, people, person, post-op, post-operation, post-operative, removal, seventies, seventy-two, skin, surgery, surgical, treated, treatment, tumour, white, wound

Licence fees: A licence fee will be charged for any media (low or high resolution) used in your project.