Boy sniffing glue

Boy sniffing glue

M372/0184 Rights Managed

Request low-res file

530 pixels on longest edge, unwatermarked

Request/Download high-res file

Uncompressed file size: 40.2MB

Downloadable file size: 3.6MB

Price image Pricing

Please login to use the price calculator


Credit: MARK CLARKE/SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY

Caption: Solvent abuse. 11-year-old boy inhaling solvent fumes from a plastic bag. Also known as glue sniffing, solvent abuse is highly dangerous and can have fatal consequences. A wide range of volatile substances such as petrol, nail polish remover, aerosols, PVA and other glues, and lighter fluid can all be abused in this fashion. The plastic bag is used to concentrate the fumes and also cuts off the fresh air supply. The fumes can cause dizziness, hallucinations, memory loss and long-term brain and liver damage. One cause of death can be suffocation, when the user passes out with the plastic bag still covering the nose and mouth.

Release details: Model release available. Property release not required.

Keywords: 11 years, 11-year-old, addict, addicted, addiction, addictive, boy, child, danger, dangerous, depression, fatal, fumes, glue sniffing, hallucinations, hallucinogenic, hazard, hazardous, high, inhalant, inhaling, lethal, male, memory loss, plastic bag, solvent abuse, vapour, vapours, volatile substance

Licence fees: A licence fee will be charged for any media (low or high resolution) used in your project.