Magnet of the AGS accelerator at BNL

Magnet of the AGS accelerator at BNL

A082/0024 Rights Managed

Request low-res file

530 pixels on longest edge, unwatermarked

Request/Download high-res file

Price image Pricing

Please login to use the price calculator


Caption: One of the 240 magnets for the Alternating Gradient Synchrotron (AGS) accelerator at the Brookhaven National Laboratory on Long Island, New York, in 1958. The AGS accelerator started operat- ions in July 1960, when it accelerated protons to an energy of 24 GeV. The magnets guided the protons, which passed through an evacuated chamber or "beam pipe" located in the gap between the magnet poles, on their circular path. Each magnet was made up of about 3200 laminations of 0. 035- inch steel plates & weighed some 16 tons.

Release details: Model release not available. Property release not required.

Keywords: accelerator, ags accelerator, alternating gradient synchrot, bnl, brookhaven national, laboratory, magnet, particle physics laboratory, research, synchrotron

Licence fees: A licence fee will be charged for any media (low or high resolution) used in your project.