Smell and Taste

Smell and Taste

P410/0069 Rights Managed

Request low-res file

530 pixels on longest edge, unwatermarked

Request/Download high-res file

Uncompressed file size: 198.7MB

Downloadable file size: 3.1MB

Price image Pricing

Please login to use the price calculator


Restrictions: Restrictions may apply. Please contact SPL for further details

Caption: Three-dimensional visualization of the anatomical structures related to smell and taste based on scanned human data. The sensations of smell and taste are closely related; only 20% of the perception of taste originates from the tongue alone. The remaining 80% is interpreted through nerve cells that are situated in the uppermost portion of the nasal cavity. Two regions of the cerebral cortex are dedicated to processing information related to taste and smell. The gustatory cortex (taste) is a small region located on the temporal lobe near the ear and the olfactory cortex (smell) occupies an area of the frontal lobes just above and between the eyes.

Release details: Model release not required. Property release not required.

Keywords: anatomical, anatomical illustration, anatomical illustrations, anatomy, body scans, cavities, cavity, cerebellum, cerebral, cerebral cortex, cerebral cortexes, cerebral cortices, cortex, cortexes, cortices, gustatory, gustatory cortex, gustatory cortexes, gustatory cortices, gyri, illustration, illustrations, medical, medical illustration, medical illustrations, nasal, nasal cavities, nasal cavity, nose, olfactory, olfactory cortex, olfactory cortexes, olfactory cortices, organ, scan, sense, sense organ, sense organs, sensory, smell, sulci, taste

Licence fees: A licence fee will be charged for any media (low or high resolution) used in your project.