Royal Observatory at the Cape of Good Hope, South Africa, in 1882. This telescope was built by the Grubb Telescope Company. In 1882, the observatory was led by the Scottish astronomer David Gill (1843-1914), who was Her Majesty's Astronomer at the Cape of Good Hope. During his time there, from 1879 to 1906, Gill extensively refurbished the observatory and upgraded the instruments.
Model release not required. Property release not required.