Conwy bridges

Conwy bridges

T838/0119 Rights Managed

Request low-res file

530 pixels on longest edge, unwatermarked

Request/Download high-res file

Uncompressed file size: 51.4MB

Downloadable file size: 5.3MB

Price image Pricing

Please login to use the price calculator


Credit: MARTIN BOND/SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY

Caption: Conwy bridges over the Conwy River, Wales. The suspension bridge (down centre) was designed by Thomas Telford and opened in 1826. It is a chain as opposed to a cable design, and now used as a pedestrian bridge that leads to Conwy Castle (bottom centre). The tubular rail bridge (down right) is built into the castle's battlements, and was designed by Robert Stephenson and opened in 1848. It was the world's first box girder bridge. It is made of wrought iron and one end rests on rollers to allow the structure to expand and contract. The road bridge (down left) was opened in 1958.

Release details: Model release not required. Property release not required.

Keywords: 19th century, architecture, battlements, bay, boat, boats, bridge technology, bridges, britain, british, car, cars, castle, chain, conway, crossing, girder, irish sea, ninteenth, pedestrian, rail, river, river conwy, road, robert, stephenson, suspension, telford, thomas, traffic, tubular, uk, united kingdom, wales, welsh

Licence fees: A licence fee will be charged for any media (low or high resolution) used in your project.