Fitzwilliam Museum Cambridge, 1841

Fitzwilliam Museum Cambridge, 1841

C011/0952 Rights Managed

Request low-res file

530 pixels on longest edge, unwatermarked

Request/Download high-res file

Uncompressed file size: 50.0MB

Downloadable file size: 5.6MB

Price image Pricing

Please login to use the price calculator


Credit: PAUL D STEWART/SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY

Caption: Copperplate handcoloured engraving by J Le Keux from an original study by the architectural painter F. Mackenzie. London: Tilt & Bogue. Noting the architect George Basevi (1794-1845). The print is dated 1841 below the plate, presumably drawn from plans prior to its opening in 1848. The museum was founded from a bequest of paintings, etchings and manuscripts by Richard, VII Viscount Fitzwilliam of Merrion in 1816. The museum falls under the auspices of Cambridge University and is regarded as one of the finest small museums in the world.

Release details: Model release not required. Property release not required.

Keywords: 19th century, artwork, cambridge, cambridge university, darwin, fitzwilliam museum, illustration, museum, sedgwick

Licence fees: A licence fee will be charged for any media (low or high resolution) used in your project.