Baltika electric-turbine ship. The Baltika was originally built as a passenger ship in 1940 in Amsterdam, on Soviet orders. However it was used as a military transport ship (VT-509) after the outbreak of war. It was originally named Vyacheslav Molotov but was renamed in 1957. It was also used to transport international delegations, including those for the 20th Olympic Games in Munich in 1972. In September 1971 she repatriated many of the 105 Soviet officials, including 45 diplomats, expelled from the United Kingdom for 'activities incompatible with their status'. She was refitted in 1984 in Denmark and eventually broken up in 1987.
Model release not required. Property release not available.