Crawford Observatory, Queen's College (now University College), Cork, Ireland. This observatory, erected in 1880, is named after William Crawford who funded its construction and outfitting. The main dome (for the Equatorial Telescope) is at centre, with a Transit Circle Telescope room at left and a room for a Siderostatic Telescope at right. The equipment was provided by Howard Grubb, one of the leading telescope makers of the time. The observatory fell mostly into disuse from the 1920s. Restoration was completed in 2006. Artwork from 'A Handbook of Descriptive and Practical Astronomy' (1890).
Model release not required. Property release not required.