Amber Room. View of part of the Amber Room of the Catherine Palace of Tsarskoye Selo near St. Petersburg, Russia. The Amber Room is panelled entirely of amber, mirrors and gold leaf. It was created in Prussia in 1701-11 and was given to Tsar Peter the Great in 1716. It remained in Russia until it was looted in World War 2. In 1979 work commenced on restoring the room, a task completed in 2003. The room contains 55 square metres of amber weighing some six tons.
Model release not required. Property release not available.