Unconscious mind, conceptual artwork

Unconscious mind, conceptual artwork

C015/3509 Rights Managed

Request low-res file

530 pixels on longest edge, unwatermarked

Request/Download high-res file

Uncompressed file size: 50.9MB

Downloadable file size: 1.8MB

Price image Pricing

Please login to use the price calculator


Caption: Unconscious mind, conceptual artwork. It is estimated that around 10 percent of mental activity is conscious thought, with the remaining 90 percent the unconscious mind. Consciousness is the state of awareness, including subjective feelings and sentience. The unconscious mind includes instinct, dreams, memories, and other mental processes that are automatic and occur without awareness. Other states are semi-consciousness and pre-consciousness. The terms were developed by Sigmund Freud and are used in psychoanalysis. An iceberg metaphor (as here) is sometimes used to express these concepts.

Release details: Model release not required. Property release not required.

Keywords: 10 percent, 90 percent, artwork, automatic, aware, awareness, brain, brain stem, brainstem, cognition, cognitive science, concept, concepts, conceptual, conscious, conscious thought, consciousness, dreams, feelings, float, floating, freudian, hidden depths, hidden resources, iceberg, illustration, intelligence, memories, mental, metaphor, metaphorical, mind, neurological, neurology, ocean, organ, pre-conscious, preconsciousness, psychiatric, psychiatry, psychoanalysis, psychoanalytical, psychology, reflection, sea, semi-conscious, semi-consciousness, sentience, subjective, submerged, unconscious, unconsciousness, under water, underwater, water

Licence fees: A licence fee will be charged for any media (low or high resolution) used in your project.