Lighthouse electric light, 19th century

Lighthouse electric light, 19th century

C024/6404 Rights Managed

Request low-res file

530 pixels on longest edge, unwatermarked

Request/Download high-res file

Uncompressed file size: 50.7MB

Downloadable file size: 3.0MB

Price image Pricing

Please login to use the price calculator


Credit: SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY

Caption: Lighthouse electric light. Historical illustration of the magneto (centre left) and the electric arc light (right) installed in the Cap de la Heve lighthouse on the coast of Normandy, France. The first electric lights were installed here in the 1860s. These were replaced in the 1890s by dynamos and more advanced magnetos. The lamp has a Fresnel lens. Artwork from 'Electricite' (1911) by Max de Nansouty, part of the 'Les merveilles de la science' series of 1867-1891 by Louis Figuier.

Release details: Model release not required. Property release not required.

Keywords: 1800s, 1860s, 1890s, 19th century, apparatus, artwork, black-and-white, cap de la heve, dynamo, electric, electric arc lamp, electrical, electricite, electricity, engineering, equipment, europe, european, france, french, fresnel lens, historical, history, illustration, lamp, les merveilles de la science, light, lighthouse, louis figuier, machine, magneto, maritime safety, marvels of science, max charles emmanuel champion de nansouty, max de nansouty, monochrome, no-one, nobody, normandy, optics, technological, technology

Licence fees: A licence fee will be charged for any media (low or high resolution) used in your project.