Ader telephone station, 19th century

Ader telephone station, 19th century

C024/6467 Rights Managed

Request low-res file

530 pixels on longest edge, unwatermarked

Request/Download high-res file

Uncompressed file size: 60.5MB

Downloadable file size: 8.2MB

Price image Pricing

Please login to use the price calculator


Credit: SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY

Caption: Ader telephone station. Historical illustration of the wiring and apparatus used for a telephone station, as developed by French engineer Clement Ader (1841-1925). The design includes a transmitter (pad at centre), two receivers (earphones on hooks at left and right), batteries (lower centre), and an electric bell (top centre). The telephone was developed in the 1870s, with several inventors pioneering the technology. Artwork from 'Electricite' (1911) by Max de Nansouty, part of the 'Les merveilles de la science' series of 1867-1891 by Louis Figuier.

Release details: Model release not required. Property release not required.

Keywords: 1, 1800s, 19th century, ader telephone, apparatus, artwork, batteries, battery, black-and-white, clement ader, communication, communications, electric, electric bell, electrical, electricite, electricity, equipment, european, french, historical, history, illustration, les merveilles de la science, louis figuier, machine, marvels of science, max charles emmanuel champion de nansouty, max de nansouty, monochrome, no-one, nobody, one, power source, receiver, single, technological, technology, telecommunication, telecommunications, telephone, telephony, transmitter

Licence fees: A licence fee will be charged for any media (low or high resolution) used in your project.