Credit: INTELECOM /SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY

Caption: Calcium is released from the muscle's sarcoplasmic reticulum. An influx of calcium from the extra-cellular fluid triggers further release of calcium from the sarcoplasmic reticulum, through calcium release ryanodine receptor channels. About 75% of calcium present in the cytosol during cardiac muscle contraction is from the sarcoplasmic reticulum, with the remaining 25% coming from extracellular sources.

Release details: Model release not required. Property release not required.

Keywords: calcium, muscle, muscular system, ryanodine receptor channel, sarcoplasmic reticulum

Licence fees: A licence fee will be charged for any media (low or high resolution) used in your project.

Sarcoplasmic reticulum

K005/0659 Rights Managed

Downloadable master

Duration: 00:00:10.09

Frame size: 1920x1080

Frame rate: 29.97

Audio: No

Format: QuickTime, Photo JPEG 100%, progressive scan, square pixels

File size: 209.5M

Original

Capture format: QuickTime Animation

Codec: Photo - JPEG

Please contact Science Photo Library if you require the original, or other formats.

 

Save watermarked comp

Request un-watermarked file

Price clip Pricing

Please login to use the price calculator