Bilbao. Bilbao in Spain. The town of Bilbao was established from 1301 on the right bank of the Nervion river. Buildings shown and labelled here include Santiago Cathedral (number 10) and the church of San Anton (number 12). The city coat-of-arms and a Latin inscription is at top. Ships sail upriver from Portugalete on the Atlantic coast (top left). The vignette (lower centre) shows local dress. This is a 1612 edition of a 1544 depiction first published in volume 2 (1575) of the city atlas 'Civitates orbis terrarum'. This atlas was edited by Georg Braun (c.1540-1622) and largely engraved by Franz Hogenberg.
Model release not required. Property release not required.