Death cap mushroom

Death cap mushroom

C029/6922 Rights Managed

Request low-res file

530 pixels on longest edge, unwatermarked

Request/Download high-res file

Uncompressed file size: 51.3MB

Downloadable file size: 6.9MB

Price image Pricing

Please login to use the price calculator


Credit: PASCAL GOETGHELUCK/SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY

Caption: Death cap mushroom (Amanita phalloides). This is the most poisonous mushroom known. It grows in woodland, usually oak, in late summer and autumn throughout Europe and North America. Symptoms begin up to a day after the mushrooms are eaten, and usually start with stomach pains, vomiting and diarrhoea, which may last 24 hours or more. This is usually followed by an apparent recovery, but death occurs within a few days from liver and kidney failure. Treatment must begin very soon after ingestion to prevent death.

Release details: Model release not required. Property release not required.

Keywords: 1, amanita phalloides, biological, biology, cut out, cut outs, cut-out, cut-outs, cutout, cutouts, deadly, death cap mushroom, eumycota, europe, european, fatal, fungal, fungi, fungus, lethal, mushroom, mycology, nature, no-one, nobody, one, poison, poisonous, single, still life, still-life, studio shot, toxic, toxin, white background

Licence fees: A licence fee will be charged for any media (low or high resolution) used in your project.