Copper (II) oxide and sulphuric acid

Copper (II) oxide and sulphuric acid

C037/2520 Rights Managed

Request low-res file

530 pixels on longest edge, unwatermarked

Request/Download high-res file

Uncompressed file size: 50.0MB

Downloadable file size: 2.3MB

Price image Pricing

Please login to use the price calculator


Credit: MARTYN F. CHILLMAID/SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY

Caption: Container of copper (II) oxide (left) and a bottle of sulphuric acid (right). Under the new UN Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) copper (II) oxide has two hazard labels GHS09 & GHS07 and sulphuric acid has one GHS05. As well as the symbol there is a signal word and suppliers provide numbered statements (H302 H410 and H314) that give more information. Copper oxide is very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects and is harmful if swallowed. The pictogram on sulphuric acid warns that this strong acid (H2SO4) is extremely corrosive and causes severe skin burns and eye damage. and that the sulphuric acid is corrosive. These two chemicals are examples of a base and an acid, and they react to form copper sulphate and water.

Release details: Model release not required. Property release not required.

Keywords: abrasive, acidic, bottle, chemical, chemistry, compound, concentrated, container, copperâ iiâ oxide, corrosive, cupric, ghs05, ghs07, ghs09, harmful, hazardous, inorganic, international standard, label, laboratory, liquid, metal, oxide, oxidising, oxidizing, pictogram, pigment, powder, reagent, science, signs, still life, still-life, strong, sulfuric, sulfuric acid, symbol, un globally harmonized system of classification and labelling of chemicals, warning

Licence fees: A licence fee will be charged for any media (low or high resolution) used in your project.