34.0 MB (5.7 MB compressed)
4468 x 2657 pixels
37.8 x 22.6 cm ⏐ 14.9 x 8.9 in (300dpi)
ANN RONAN PICTURE LIBRARY / HERITAGE IMAGES / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY ANN RONAN PICTURE LIBRARY / HERITAGE IMAGES / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Junction of Regent's Canal at Paddington Basin, London, 1828. The Regent's Canal, connecting the Paddington Canal and the Thames at Limehouse, was opened in 1820. The canal cost 772,000 to construct, twice the amount originally estimated. In 1929 the Regent's Canal Company purchased the Grand Junction and Warwick Canals, merging the three waterways to create the Grand Union Canal. Hand-coloured engraving after TH Shepherd from London and Its Environs in the Nineteenth Century. (London, 1828).
Model release not required. Property release not required.