NYPL / SCIENCE SOURCE / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY NYPL / SCIENCE SOURCE / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
The first bone clamp for the external fixation of fractures, as introduced in 1898 by its inventor, the surgeon Clayton Parkhill (1860-1902). The clinical photograph shows the clamp's appearance at the time of first dressing, six weeks after it had been applied.
Model release not required. Property release not required.