MAX ALEXANDER / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY MAX ALEXANDER / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Royal Observatory at Blackford Hill, Edinburgh, Scotland. The first Royal Observatory was built in 1822 on Calton Hill. At the end of the 19th century, the new Royal Observatory was built on Blackford Hill and inaugurated in 1894. The site features two cylindrical copper domes (centre and right of centre), which are no longer functional, and a working 0.5 metre reflector telescope situated in a hemispherical dome (left of centre).
Model release not required. Property release not required.