This image is not available for purchase in your country.

Death Cap mushroom

Death Cap mushroom

B250/1112

Rights Managed

This image is not available for purchase in your country.

Please contact your Account Manager if you have any query.

Credit

JOHN WRIGHT / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY JOHN WRIGHT / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY

Caption

Deathcap mushroom (Amanita phalloides) on woodland floor. This deadly poisonous mushroom has a cap up to 12 centimetres across and grows in deciduous woodlands, typically with oaks. It is the most deadly known fungus, causing severe liver and kidney damage. It has no known antidote and mortality rates, dependant on early recognition, are 50 to 90%. Death is preceded by severe vomiting and diarrhoea lasting 24 hours or more followed by an apparent, but short-lived, recovery.

Release details

Model release not required. Property release not required.

 {{ i.shot_duration ? i.shot_duration + ' ' : '' }}{{ i.shot_uhd ? '4K ' : i.hires ? 'HD ' : '' }}{{ i.spl_number }} R{{ i.license }}

  • Add to board
  • Similar {{ mediaType(i) }}