ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
George Bishop's observatory. Historical artwork showing the interior of the observatory built by George Bishop, after it's move to Twickenham, London, UK. This observatory was originally erected in Regent's Park, London, in 1836. It was closed when the Bishop died in 1861, and moved to Meadowbank, Twickenham. The Twickenham observatory closed in 1877 and the instruments were given to the Royal Observatory of Naples in Italy, where they remain.
Model release not required. Property release not required.