DAVID VAUGHAN / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY DAVID VAUGHAN / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Scott's hut. This wooden hut was built by the British explorer Robert F. Scott (1868-1912) and his team during the build-up to the National Antarctic Expedition of 1901-1904. The hut is located on Hut Point Peninsula, Ross Island, Antarctica, and is part of the McMurdo Station, a research facility operated by the US government. Observation Hill is in the background. Photographed in the 2005/2006 summer season.
Model release not required. Property release not required.