This image is not available for purchase in your country.

Microwave-exposed rats in mobile phone research

Microwave-exposed rats in mobile phone research

G352/0057

Rights Managed

This image is not available for purchase in your country.

Please contact your Account Manager if you have any query.

Credit

P. DUMAS / EURELIOS / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY P. DUMAS / EURELIOS / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY

Caption

Microwave research on rats. Boxed rats in an echo- free (anechoic) chamber being exposed to micro- waves. Microwaves are emitted by mobile telephones and may cause cancer and changes in hormone levels in human users. The spikes in the chamber's walls absorb microwaves to prevent the rats being exposed to reflections. The rats have been inject- ed with the cancer-causing chemical benzo(a)pyrene. This causes brain tumours to appear about 100 days after injection which then kill the rats in about three weeks. During this time the rats are exposed to microwaves for two hours a day to see if their ability to resist the tumours is changed. Photographed at Montpellier, France.

Release details

Model release not required. Property release not required.

 {{ i.shot_duration ? i.shot_duration + ' ' : '' }}{{ i.shot_uhd ? '4K ' : i.hires ? 'HD ' : '' }}{{ i.spl_number }} R{{ i.license }}

  • Add to board
  • Similar {{ mediaType(i) }}