DR GOPAL MURTI / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY DR GOPAL MURTI / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
HeLa cells. Coloured light micrograph of HeLa cancer cells. The nuclei (blue) of the cells are surrounded by cytoplasm (green/ yellow). HeLa cells were established in 1952 as the first human cell line to research cancer. The cells were named after Henrietta Lacks, from whose cervix they were obtained. HeLa cancer cells are used worldwide as they grow unusually well in the laboratory. Bright field illumination. Magnification unknown.
Model release not required. Property release not required.