This image is not available for purchase in your country.

Wasp sting on lips

Wasp sting on lips

M320/0178

Rights Managed

This image is not available for purchase in your country.

Please contact your Account Manager if you have any query.

Credit

DR P. MARAZZI / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY DR P. MARAZZI / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY

Caption

Wasp sting of the mouth. Swelling of the upper lip and inner mouth of a 60 year old man, due to a sting by a wasp. The venom of wasp stings cause pain, redness and swelling for up to 48 hours. Allergy such as seen here is due to sensitization of the immune system to wasp venom. The venom is recognised as a foreign substance and triggers a vigorous inflammatory response. This hyper- sensitive reaction can in rare cases lead to an anaphylactic response, an extreme allergic response in which the victim may succumb to shock. Treatment for stings includes removing the sting, washing the wound, methods to bring down the swelling, and taking painkiller drugs.

Release details

Model release not required. Property release not required.

 {{ i.shot_duration ? i.shot_duration + ' ' : '' }}{{ i.shot_uhd ? '4K ' : i.hires ? 'HD ' : '' }}{{ i.spl_number }} R{{ i.license }}

  • Add to board
  • Similar {{ mediaType(i) }}