DR P. MARAZZI / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY DR P. MARAZZI / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Allergic reaction to nickel. A red rash on the abdomen of an 18 year-old woman caused by an allergic reaction to nickel in jewellery. This reaction, called contact dermatitis, occurs when the body's immune system reacts to a foreign substance as though it were a disease-causing organism. The skin becomes painfully inflamed and red. The most effective treatment is to avoid contact with the substance responsible. Severe inflammation can be reduced with corticosteroid drugs.
Model release not required. Property release not required.