DR P. MARAZZI / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY DR P. MARAZZI / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Infected burn. Image 1 of 2. Infected burn on the skin of a 73-year-old man. This was taken one week after the man burnt himself on a lawn mower. An imprint has been left on the wound from the gauze that has been used to cover it. The burn has become infected with the common skin bacteria Staphylococcus aureus. Treatment for the infection is with antibiotics. To aid healing, the wound should be kept clean and dry. For a view of the burn after six weeks see M335/182.
Model release available. Property release not required.