PUBLIC HEALTH ENGLAND / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY PUBLIC HEALTH ENGLAND / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Children playing with cleaning products. Young boys opening bottles of household cleaning chemicals they have found under a kitchen sink. The boy at right is about to pour bleach into a glass. Bleach is a highly toxic chemical used to clean household surfaces. Ingesting even small quantities can cause severe burns, and drinking large quantities can be fatal. Accidental poisoning is one of the leading causes of death in young children. Precautions include keeping household chemicals out of the reach of children, and having safety caps on bottles to make it harder for children to open them. The bleach is Tesco thick bleach. The orange bottle (left) is Mr Muscle sink and plughole unblocker. Photographed in the UK.
Model release available. Property release not required.