ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Robinson Memorial Dome, Armagh Observatory, Northern Ireland. This observatory was founded in 1790 by Archbishop Richard Robinson (1709-1794). The Robinson Memorial Dome and its 10-inch refractor telescope by Grubb was erected in 1885 in memory of the observatory's third director Thomas Romney Robinson (1792-1882). This photograph dates from the late nineteenth or early twentieth century. For the telescope, see image C025/0064.
Model release not required. Property release not required.