CORDELIA MOLLOY / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY CORDELIA MOLLOY / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Nuclear bunker entrance. Bungalow disguising the entrance to a decommissioned nuclear bunker. The bunker was built in 1952 in Kelvedon Hatch, Essex, England. It was part of a number of bunkers for the Air Ministry, so that in the event of a nuclear strike 600 personnel could work underground for up to three months. It is buried 6 metres underground with concrete walls that are 3 metres thick, which is surrounded by a wire mesh (Faraday's Cage) to protect electrical equipment.
Model release not required. Property release not required.