ROBERT BROOK / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY ROBERT BROOK / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Battersea Power Station, London, England, in the early 1970s. This famous London landmark is on the south bank of the River Thames, which is behind the building in this view. There are actually two power stations (each with two chimneys). The first was completed in 1933 and closed in 1975. The other was completed in 1955 and closed in 1983. As of 2004, the site remains derelict, with plans to redevelop the site while preserving the existing building. The distinctive exterior was designed by the architect Giles Gilbert Scott, and Battersea Power Station is now a listed building, part of the UK's architectural heritage.
Model release not required. Property release not required.