NATIONAL PHYSICAL LABORATORY (C) CROWN COPYRIGHT / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY NATIONAL PHYSICAL LABORATORY (C) CROWN COPYRIGHT / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Early computers. Clockwise from upper left, these are: the Frieden STW-10, the Marchant FAA-10, the Brinsviga 20, the Monroe CAA-10, and the Facit LX. The first computers in the UK were built in the late 1940s and early 1950s. Photographed in 1952, in the Mathematics Division of the National Physical Laboratory, Teddington, UK.
Model release not required. Property release not required.