RAFAEL MACIA / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY RAFAEL MACIA / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
The Leaning Tower(campanile) originaly was intended to be a bell tower,and a compliment to the Duomo alongside.Bonnano Pisano,architect,built 1173-1350 height 185 feet(55,8 meters) in 1997 the tower was leaning 5.2 meters.It was closed for repairs foa lamost12 years, but on December 15,2001 it was reopened to the public. It is the best known building in the Campo die Miracoli (Field of Miracles)in Pisa.
Model release not available. Property release not required.