MASSIMO BREGA / EURELIOS / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY MASSIMO BREGA / EURELIOS / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Turin Cathedral and bell tower. The white building in the foreground is Turin Cathedral, known in Italian as the Cattedrale di San Giovanni Battista (Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist). It is an example of Renaissance architecture, and was built in 1498. To its left is a bell tower (campanile), built in 1470 in the Romanesque style. The white building behind and to the right of the cathedral is the Royal Palace of Turin, built in the seventeenth century. Behind the cathedral is the Baroque dome of the Chapel of the Holy Shroud, built from 1668 to 1694. The dome is here encased in scaffolding, needed to support it following a fire in 1997.
Model release not available. Property release not required.