ADAM HART-DAVIS / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY ADAM HART-DAVIS / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Telegraph terminus hut. The cable terminations seen around the room are from submarine telegraph cables. This hut began operations in 1870, connecting a submarine cable from Carcavelos, Portugal. The station was rebuilt in 1911 and was further expanded during World War Two. In 1970 the cable station was decommissioned due to the introduction of satellite communications, and is now a museum. Photographed in Porthcurno, Cornwall, England.
Model release not required. Property release not required.