SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Electrical certification. This is the calibration room of the Central Electricity Laboratory (Laboratoire Central d'Electricite, LCE), Paris, France. This national institution was founded to certify equipment, carry out research, and ensure safety in the new industry. The LCE was proposed in 1882, and established in 1888. Equipment tested included light bulbs, batteries, car headlamps, and power supplies. In 1943 the LCE became the LCIE (Laboratoire Central des Industries Electriques), and in 2001 became LCIE Bureau Veritas. Artwork from the seventh volume (first period of 1891) of the French popular science weekly 'La Science Illustree'.
Model release not required. Property release not required.