PAUL D STEWART / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY PAUL D STEWART / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Copperplate handcoloured engraving by J Le Keux from an original study by the architectural painter F. Mackenzie. London: Tilt & Bogue. Noting the architect George Basevi (1794-1845). The print is dated 1841 below the plate, presumably drawn from plans prior to its opening in 1848. The museum was founded from a bequest of paintings, etchings and manuscripts by Richard, VII Viscount Fitzwilliam of Merrion in 1816. The museum falls under the auspices of Cambridge University and is regarded as one of the finest small museums in the world.
Model release not required. Property release not required.