PAUL D STEWART / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY PAUL D STEWART / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Copperplate engraving for Dugdale's "England and Wales Delineated". Around the time of the opening of the museum to the public. The museum was founded from a bequest of paintings, etchings and manuscripts by Richard, VII Viscount Fitzwilliam of Merrion in 1816. Beagle voyage. The museum opened to the public in 1848. It falls under the auspices of Cambridge University and is regarded as one of the finest small museums in the world.
Model release not required. Property release not required.