51.2 MB (51.0 MB compressed)
4856 x 3685 pixels
41.1 x 31.2 cm ⏐ 16.2 x 12.3 in (300dpi)
LIBRARY OF CONGRESS / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY LIBRARY OF CONGRESS / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Detroit Electric automobile. This brand of electric car was produced by the Anderson Electric Car Company of Detroit, USA. It existed from 1907 to 1939. At its peak in the early 1910s, the company sold several thousand cars a year. Speeds of 32 kilometres per hour were achieved, with a range of around 130 kilometres on a single battery charge. This photograph, which dates from between 1921 and 1922, is from the National Photo Company Collection.
Model release not required. Property release not required.