SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Royal Worcester porcelain factory, 19th-century artwork. This factory, originally the Chamberlain factory in the 1780s, became in 1840 part of the company that was named Royal Worcester from 1862. The factory was located at Severn Street, on the banks of the River Severn in Worcester, UK. Several large bottle kilns are seen at left. The site reached its peak in the 1880s with hundreds of workers. The site closed in 2009, though parts are still maintained by the Worcester Porcelain Museum. Artwork from the 20th volume (second period of 1897) of the French popular science weekly 'La Science Illustree'.
Model release not required. Property release not required.