LIBRARY OF CONGRESS / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY LIBRARY OF CONGRESS / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Dodge Main automobile factory. Workers constructing 1934 Dodge 6 DK models in Assembling Building 1 of the Dodge Main Chrysler factory in Hamtramck, Wayne County, Michigan, USA. This car factory was founded in 1910 by US automobile manufacturing pioneers Horace Elgin Dodge (1868-1920) and John Francis Dodge (1864-1920). The first Dodge car appeared in 1914, with the company sold to Chrysler Corporation in 1928. The Dodge 6 DK model used steel wheels, with wooden spokes discontinued. Photographed in 1934. This photograph is part of the Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS).
Model release not available. Property release not required.