LIBRARY OF CONGRESS / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY LIBRARY OF CONGRESS / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Dodge Main automobile factory. Workers leaving the Joseph Campau gate of the Dodge Main Chrysler factory in Hamtramck, Wayne County, Michigan, USA. This car factory was founded in 1910 by US automobile manufacturing pioneers Horace Elgin Dodge (1868-1920) and John Francis Dodge (1864-1920) and became the major employer in the town fuelling rapid expansion of the town. The first Dodge car appeared in 1914, with the company sold to Chrysler Corporation in 1928. This photograph, dating from 1950, is part of the Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS). The Hamtramck factory closed in 1980.
Model release not available. Property release not required.