CAROL M. HIGHSMITH ARCHIVE, LIBRARY OF CONGRESS / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY CAROL M. HIGHSMITH ARCHIVE, LIBRARY OF CONGRESS / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Bell's laboratory. Reconstruction of the Boston laboratory of Scottish-US inventor and telephone pioneer Alexander Graham Bell (1847-1922). Set up in rented space on the fifth floor of 109 Court Street, Boston, Massachusetts, USA (demolished in the 1920s), it was here that the famous telephone call to his assistant Watson took place on 10 March 1876. A painting shows the view from the window at the time. On the workbench are patent applications, and reference materials on hearing, sound and electricity. This display, in the lobby of the 1940s Verizon Building, was removed when the building was sold in 2008.
Model release not required. Property release not available.