ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Burlington House, Piccadilly, London, England. The original buildings on this site date from around 1665. This is the new building in 1873, five years after extensive rebuilding had started in 1868. New storeys were added and existing buildings remodelled and new buildings erected. From 1857, Burlington House has been occupied by learned societies, including the Royal Academy, the Geological Society of London, the Linnean Society of London, the Royal Astronomical Society, the Society of Antiquaries of London, and the Royal Society of Chemistry. This engraving of 10 May 1873 is from The Illustrated London News.
Model release not available. Property release not required.